Thursday, May 29, 2008
Flash back: Istanbul – Dec 21-24, 2007
I started a draft of our trip to Istanbul back in December 07 and it was a lengthy one too. But it’s been such a long time since we were actually in Istanbul and I really liked Justin & Kate’s highlight of their trips with photos, I decided to follow suit. :) So here’s a summary of our trip to Istanbul:
1. Belly Dancing & dinner - a little eye candy to start the trip right (for the boys)




9. Boat ride in the Bosphorus

10. Shopping at the Grand Bazaar, the Spice Bazaar and shopping/window shopping

11. Food!! A little taste of Istanbul... This city also has the BEST chestnut I've had anywhere in Europe or Asia... I must have had about 1 pound of roasted chestnuts in the 4 days in the city...
1. Belly Dancing & dinner - a little eye candy to start the trip right (for the boys)

2. Haggia Sophia

3. The Blue Mosque - named for the blue interiors of the mosque
4. Sultanahmet Mosque

5. Domabache Palace
7. Turkish bath

8. Buying Turkish rug (SUCKER!), not pictured is the harem ring that I also bought from the shop (side note: a harem ring is made of 4 precious stone in thin bands into one ring; meant for 4 of the sultan's favorite wives) ; Remainder of a Roman acqeduct underneath the Rug shop

8. Buying Turkish rug (SUCKER!), not pictured is the harem ring that I also bought from the shop (side note: a harem ring is made of 4 precious stone in thin bands into one ring; meant for 4 of the sultan's favorite wives) ; Remainder of a Roman acqeduct underneath the Rug shop

9. Boat ride in the Bosphorus

10. Shopping at the Grand Bazaar, the Spice Bazaar and shopping/window shopping

11. Food!! A little taste of Istanbul... This city also has the BEST chestnut I've had anywhere in Europe or Asia... I must have had about 1 pound of roasted chestnuts in the 4 days in the city...





