Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

Reasons why renovation is h…e….double hockey sticks……

There are so many reasons but I’ll keep it brief…

1. Construction never finishes on time as promised.. from 4 weeks to 12 weeks and counting.
2. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, Murphy’s law example #1: wrong measurement of closet doors caused re-order and $100 more expensive
3. Murphy’s law example #2: wrong measurement of refrigerator resulted in fridge not fitting in between the built-in cabinets.
4. Murphy’s law example #3: Replacement fridge took three separate times of delivery to finally have it in place
5. Murphy’s law example #4: Installing windows incorrectly (not per HOA guidelines) and getting caught by the HOA…. Oops!
6. Murphy’s law example #5: Measured the sliding doors incorrectly AND opening on the wrong side.
7. Sleeping on the futon mattress while construction takes place since March 16 and counting.
Inconveniencing family members: parents and siblings with the delaying construction.

Comments:
Well, I can be an optomist and say... "it's better than being homeless".

Good luck with the renovations. Good thing for us about living in government quarters is that all the major renovations are done by uncle sam.

-Mike
 
True... though right about now I'm longing for the ability to call up the slum lord and have them fix things when broken.. :)

Hope you're enjoying some me-time in Japan.

Are you planning a trip to CA when the new arrival makes its appearance?

Su-chun
 
I'm planning to head back at the end of the summer or early fall. I still have to work out the details with work, but I'd like to be there when the baby's born, if possible.

Mike
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?